Donations and weekly offerings
As you will be aware, our weekly offerings are our Parish’s only source of income at present. Whilst we work hard to secure lettings for our church centre, which has also been impacted by the situation we find ourselves in, we are ever mindful of our financial obligations. Making a regular contribution by way of standing order and additionally considering whether you are in a position to Gift Aid that contribution will be invaluable to our parish during these uncertain times.
New offertory envelope boxes have been received and will be available for collection once our church is open. We are all obviously sensitive to this issue as many of our parishioners may be struggling financially; however, we have been receiving enquiries from a number of sources regarding offerings, in view of the uncertainty of when our church may be reopened, so please be advised that we’ve made available a standing order and Gift Aid form for parishioners so they can continue to give during this time. If you prefer, retain the weekly envelopes until such time as you are able to attend church. If you run out of envelopes or you normally donate without an envelope you could pop any offerings in a plain envelope and again retain until such time as you are able to attend church.
Whilst we are unable to attend Mass at present, we are able to attend to the majority of parish matters remotely. Unfortunately, we were only at the early stages of collecting up to date contact details for our parishioners, a task we will continue with once our church is open again, therefore we are heavily reliant on our parish website to post important information. Fr is present in the presbytery and can be contacted on the church phone number or his mobile 07788 790928.
A weekly newsletter is being prepared and uploaded to the website. Please take a moment to read this.
Set up a Standing Order to continue giving
NB: If you have internet banking you don’t need to fill in the standing order section of the form, please obtain your parish’s bank details direct from the parish and set up a new standing order online.
- Download the form here and print it Standing Order Mandate
- Fill in your bank account details and how much you wish to give etc. and sign it.
- Then either contact your parish for the parish bank account details and add them in and post the form to your bank OR post the form to your parish and they will complete the parish section and will then post the form to your bank. Please note you can print stamps at Royal Mail
- If you post the form to your bank yourself it would be helpful to let your parish know so that they can watch out for your donations to ensure all is well.
- If you are a tax payer, paying sufficient tax, please consider Gift Aid. In which case please complete the Gift Aid form ensuring that it is dated on or before the date of your first payment. If you don’t need to post your standing order form to the parish, you can scan the Gift Aid form and send it to the parish, or alternatively, just hand it in when we are allowed to go back to Mass.
God bless you, THANK YOU and keep safe.
To download the standing order mandate, please click the link below.
Regular giving is the financial bedrock of every parish. It also minimises risk and costs the parish less to manage, so money goes further.
Find out more about standing orders here: https://www.birminghamdiocese.org.uk/support-our-work
We don’t have a ‘donate button’ on our parish website, but you can donate here via the diocesan website https://www.birminghamdiocese.org.uk/support-our-work
This will enable parishioners to donate directly to our parish.